General Teachers-Anticipatory Staffing Various Schools 2018-19
Open until filled
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 15048
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort Delta Education Council Actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment of Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have their Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
- The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Proven teaching ability in a JK-12 environment
- Preference is given to teachers with recent successful teaching experiences in a JK-12 environment
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in related areas
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
- Understanding of local culture and or language
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you have a disability and you require accommodation, you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #15048 or BDEC-2018-01
Closing Date: Open until filled
Beaufort Delta Education Council
Bag Service #12
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 777-7136
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $78,600 to 126,897 per annum) plus an annual pro-rated Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.