Open until filled
Department: INF Facilities Management
Job Code: 15356
Salary: $77,522 - $92,560
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Department of Infrastructure (INF) provides high quality services to the public and Government of the Northwest Territories’ (GNWT) departments, boards and agencies including the planning, design, construction, acquisition, operation and maintenance of public transportation infrastructure and the buildings, works and equipment required for the GNWT to deliver its programs and services. INF makes essential petroleum products available for sale to the public where these products are not provided by the private sector, and promotes the development and increased use of energy efficient technologies. INF also regulates electrical and mechanical safety services and licenses individuals and vehicles operating in the territory.
For more information please refer to the Department of Infrastructure website at http://www.inf.gov.nt.ca/
This position is located in Inuvik and performs building/gas fitting services, preventative maintenance and repairs for GNWT owned, and operating buildings in Inuvik and the Beaufort Delta area as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to complete repairs and installation, in accordance with Plumbing and Heating Codes.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to use, the metric system
- Basic electrical knowledge is essential
- Hazardous Goods Knowledge (chemical mixes and cleaners)
- Knowledge of Computer Building Operator Systems (Honeywell, XBS 5000)
- Ability to inspect plumbing and how water systems and equipment
- Ability to supervise and train apprentices and casual staff
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability and willingness to keep up-to-date with technology
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- A Journeyperson’s Certification as a Plumber and Gasfitter and 3 years of directly related experience.
- Certification as an Oil Burner Mechanic, Class 4 Operating Engineer and eligibility to register for First Class NWT Gasfitter Certification would be an asset.
- Incumbent must possess a Class 5 Northwest Territories Driver’s License.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
105 Veterans Way
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #15356
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The salary for this position starts at $37.27 per hour (approximately $77,521.60. per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.