Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner
Open until filled
Department: Northwest Territories HSSA
Job Code: 15938
Salary: $104,618 - $124,898
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
A Truly Spectacular Career Opportunity!
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services (NTHSSA) in the Yellowknife region is seeking a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner.
Nurse Practitioners are important members of a team working out of the Primary Care Centre that includes physicians, midwives, public health, nurse and mental health and addictions practitioners that provide programs and services in the communities of Dettah, Fort Resolution, ¿utselk'e, Ndil¿ and Yellowknife. This position is based in Yellowknife with limited to no travel to the outlying communities.
In this role you will be responsible for providing clients with advanced health assessment, diagnosis, interventions and appropriate follow up to ensure NWT residents receive a high quality of health care.
Nurse Practitioners have the option to work anywhere; here are a few reasons why we think you should choose Yellowknife, NT:
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave and even winter bonus days!
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - This role offers a salary range of $105K - $125K plus additional allowances. Employees are part of a defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance of $3,450 in Yellowknife, there are additional allowances paid out for uniforms and laundry, education, and specialized training.
- Incredibly Short Commutes - Most Yellowknife residents enjoy some of the shortest (8 - 12 minute) commute times in the country, even during summer construction season!
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to Yellowknife.
To be successful in this role we are looking for candidates certified as a nurse practitioner and two years of directly related experience.
This role is located in Yellowknife, a city situated on the Canadian Shield on the shores of Great Slave Lake, the tenth largest lake in the world. The city has a population of about 20,000 residents who enjoy some of the shortest commutes to work in the country. You’ll find all of the amenities of a big city, without the traffic and an abundance of fresh air. There are year-round outdoor (and indoor) activities, and a wide variety of individual and team sports leagues. Upon moving to Yellowknife you’ll find a welcoming community that quickly becomes home.
For information about living and working in the City of Yellowknife please visit www.yellowknife.ca or http://spectacularnwt.com/destinations/yellowknife.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #15938
Closing Date: Opened Until Filled
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445