Teacher (École Boréale)
Open until filled
Location: Hay River
Department: Commission Scolaire
Job Code: 16164
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
Commission scolaire de francophone TNO offers French education services at the pre-school, elementary and high school levels.
The Commission scolaire francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest invites applications for the teaching vacancy below.
Teaching position at the middle school level (Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and French – Grades 7/8) and Physical Education Grades 7 to 10), École Boréale, Hay River
Working conditions: In accordance with the Northwest Territories Teachers’ Association (NWTTA) collective agreement
Contract start date: November 26, 2018
Contract end date: June 27, 2019
Competition start date: 2018-10-16
Competition end date: until filled
- Northwest Territories teaching certificate or eligibility for certificate;
- Degree from an accredited university, with specialization in teaching;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in the following subjects: Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, French (Grades 7/8) and Physical Education;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French;
- Relevant teaching experience at the middle school level;
- Demonstrated positive classroom management and classroom organization skills;
- Ability to meet students’ individual needs with a variety of flexible teaching approaches and strategies;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Francophone minority community culture and demonstrated support for a vision of education that is consistent with the objectives of French-language education in a minority setting;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of information technologies and their use in the classroom;
- Ability to apply the Northwest Territories education curriculum philosophy;
- Ability to adapt to the philosophical orientation of the school staff and the community;
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers.
*Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send your application to
Ms. Yvonne Careen
Commission scolaire francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
Suite 207, 4915 48 Street, Box 1980
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Canada X1A 2P5
Tel.: 867 873 6555
Fax: 867 873 5644
This job opening is for a 7 month Term from November 26, 2018 to June 27, 2019, with a possible contract renewal for the 2019-2020 school year.
This job opening requires candidate to be fluent both orally and written in both English and French
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 16164
Closing Date: Open until filled
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
#209, 62 Woodland Drive
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Ph. (867) 874-5085
Fax (867) 874-5095