Registered Nurse - Critical Care
Located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories the Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is a 100-bed tertiary facility serving the 44,700 citizens of the Northwest Territories along with close to 6,000 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Our team of medical professionals has a wide scope of practice, impressive training opportunities and great potential for career advancement.
Many of the rooms have fantastic views as the hospital is situated on the rocky shore of Frame Lake steps away from the new $350 million state of the art facility scheduled to be opened to the public in May 2019. For more information about the new facility and to track the progress please visit www.stantonrenewal.ca.
The Registered Nurse on the Critical Care units is a member of the nursing team who provides direct nursing care to patients in the Emergency and Intensive Care units at Stanton Territorial Hospital. These patients can range from stable to critically ill. Each of these nursing units has its specialized vocation in relation to its main focus, such as emergency and intensive care unit.
Following opportunities are available:
Registered Nurse- Intensive Care Unit (Full time indeterminate position& Relief (As & When required) position)
Registered Nurse- Emergency Unit (Full time indeterminate position& Relief (As & When required) position)
To be considered for these opportunities, candidates should possess the relevant education and experience as outlined in the attached job description. Critical Care training will be provided to the sucessful candidate.
Nurses can work anywhere; here is why we think you should choose to work in Yellowknife, NT.
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave and even winter bonus days!
- Employee Friendly Scheduling - The hospital is moving towards a 2-day /2-night /6-days off schedule where it is operationally feasible for our nursing staff.
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - Base salaries start at approximately $85,000 plus the additional allowances. Employees contribute to the defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance of $3,450 in Yellowknife, there are additional allowances paid out for uniforms and laundry, education, and specialized training.
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to Yellowknife.
If you’d like to make a difference and have a positive impact in a great community, apply today!
Health Recruitment Unit
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre, 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
This position involves a Rotating/Irregular Shift Schedule which may change due to operational requirements.
Transfer Assignments may be considered.
Eligible for current registration/certification with RNANTNU is mandatory for this position.
For more information on health and social services careers and practicing in the Northwest Territories please visit www.practicenorth.ca .
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $44.75 per hour to $53.44 per hour (approximately $87,263 - $104,208) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3, 450.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 16180
Closing Date: Open Until Filled