Closing date: Jan 18, 2019
Location: Norman Wells
Department: NTHSSA SA Executive Offices
Job Code: 16354
Salary: $68,289 - $81,491
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
This position is located in the central office in Norman Wells and reports to the Chief Executive Officer who is co-located. This is a highly responsible senior support position requiring a comprehensive knowledge of office and administrative procedures. There is a great deal of latitude in this position, due to the wide scope of responsibility and multiple tasks, which requires independent judgment and problem solving.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Incumbent must have considerable administrative support experience and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Accuracy in proofreading and strong knowledge and command of the English language is also an asset.
• Ability to work with senior professionals.
• The responsibilities of the position require a specialized knowledge and aptitude for Health and Social Services. A comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of general administrative theories, principles and practices is a prerequisite for the position.
• Incumbent is required to be skilled in the use of a computer and related software applications (Microsoft). Incumbent should be familiar with general office equipment.
• Incumbent will possess office administration experience (training is desirable).
• Ability to research issues and consolidate information in concise and accurate manner.
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload. Effective time management organizational skills, and cross cultural awareness.
• Incumbent must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to deal with government officials, aboriginal organizations, general public, community agencies, media, doctors, staff and other departments in a professional manner is essential. A thorough knowledge of the inter-relationship between department, board or agency, within the GNWT as a whole and with external organizations and issues is required.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Completion of a bachelor degree in administration, and a minimum of three years executive assistant experience in a similar environment.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
#2 McKenzie Drive
NORMAN WELLS, NT X0E 0V0
Ph. (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #16354 Closing Date: January 18, 2019 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal records check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
The salary for this position starts at $35.02per hour (approximately $68,289.00 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.