Continuing Care Program Clerk
Closing date: Jan 18, 2019
Location: Norman Wells
Department: NTHSSA SA - Continuing Care
Job Code: 16384
Salary: $60,762 - $72,540
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Northwest Territorial Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) works under the direction of the Minister of Health and Social Services, in partnership with the Deputy Minister, Health and Social Services and the Health and Social Services regions, to support the health and wellbeing of people across the Northwest Territories through planning, development, deliver, evaluation and reporting on program and service delivery.
NTHSSA is committed to the development and provision of quality services in such a way as to make the best use of public resources, ensure the sustainability of the system, focus on client safety and best practices and promote positive health and social outcomes. NTHSSA strives to continually improve the health and social service system to ensure best health, best care, and a better future for the people of the NWT.
Our mission is to work with people to optimize wellbeing through the provision of collaborative and culturally appropriate health and social services.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) is the single provider of all health and social services in the Northwest Territories (NWT), with the exception of Hay River and Tlicho regions, covering 1.2 million square kilometers and serving approximately 43,000 people, including First Nations, Inuit, Metis, and non-aboriginals. Health and social services including family services, protection services, care placements, mental health addictions, and developmental activities, delivered by more than 1,400 health and social services staff.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have good communication and observation skills for reception of the public;
• Basic knowledge of office routine is necessary and also a basic understanding of patient care and treatment;
• Key-boarding skills;
• Computer knowledge in word-processing, database, spreadsheets and communications software;
• The incumbent must be able to keep confidential information confidential;
• Ability to speak the aboriginal language and knowledge of interpretation/translation practices is considered an asset;
• The incumbent must be able to meet and deal pleasantly and effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds in order to effectively greet callers/visitors who are irrational and emotional and determine their actual situation and requirements;
• Ability to research issues and consolidate information in concise and accurate manner;
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload;
• Effective time management organizational skills, and cross cultural awareness; and
• Incumbent must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The completion a Secretarial or Office Administration Certificate Program and a minimum of 6 months of related experience that are required to perform the secretarial and clerical functions of the job.
This job opening is limited to residents of Norman Wells.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $31.16 per hour (approximately $60,762.00 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 16384 Closing Date: January 18, 2019 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
#2 McKenzie Drive
NORMAN WELLS, NT X0E 0V0
Ph. (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173