General Teachers - Anticipatory Staffing
Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have their Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Proven teaching ability in a JK-12 environment
- Preference is given to teachers with recent successful teaching experiences in a JK-12 environment
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in related areas
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
- Understanding of local culture and or language
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $80,180 to 129,448 per annum) plus an annual pro-rated Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Ref #: BDEC-2019-01
Opening Until Filled