Closing date: Mar 28, 2019
Department: FIN Fiscal Policy
Job Code: 16726
Salary: $61,367 - $73,262
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Department of Finance has the mandate to provide leadership and direction to the public service in all areas of finance and human resource management. This mandate includes negotiating major financial arrangements with the federal government, providing analysis and advice to the Financial Management Board, and ensuring that financial and information resources are managed effectively, efficiently and economically. This mandate also includes the recruitment and retention of a competent public service that is representative of the people it serves and the development of programs and services that effectively serve the human resource needs of the public service.
The Fiscal Policy Division of the Department of Finance is responsible for the analysis and recommendations to Cabinet and the Financial Management Board in the areas of federal transfers, tax and fiscal policy, and economic issues and produces the annual budget address, and other documents analyzing tax and other fiscal and economic issues as required.
The Office of the Chief Information Officer serves as the GNWT's senior authority on corporate activities associated with information and communications technology and provides strategic, policy and operational advice through the Informatics Policy Council.
The Office Administrator reports directly to the Director, Fiscal Policy but also supports the Office of the Chief Information Officer and Management Board Secretariat, providing a critical role in the operation of these divisions through:
• direct administrative support to the directors and staff; and
• back-up support to the Directorate and other divisions as required.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of office procedures, and time management skills to balance competing priorities in an efficient manner.
• Knowledge of basic records management policies and procedures including records disposition, records standards and records classification systems.
• Communications skills, including an appropriate knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation to fairly represent the divisions and the department to outside suppliers, position applicants, other government staff and the general public.
• Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and tables and experience with data entry to handle the large volume of documents.
• The ability to work accurately under severe time deadlines.
Typically. the above qualifications would be attained by:
• Certification in office administration (one year) and one year directly related experience that includes word processing, spreadsheets, database and records management; or
• Completion of Grade 12 and at least two years of directly related experience in office administration that includes word processing, spreadsheets, databases and records management.
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 16726
Closing Date: March 28, 2019 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal records check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
The salary range for this position is from $31.47 per hour to $37.57 per hour (approximately 61,367 - 73,262) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3450.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.