Registered Nurse- General (Float Pool Unit and Pediatric Unit )
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority –Stanton Territorial Hospital (NTHSSA) is offering challenging nursing work and work life balance. Join our health care team as a Registered Nurse (RN). Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is a 100 in-patient bed accredited facility, located in Yellowknife Northwest Territories (NWT). This is an exciting time to work at Stanton as the hospital is undergoing major redevelopment with a new $350 million facility being built with operations scheduled to transition into the new facility in 2019, for more information on the redevelopment visit www.stantonrenewal.ca. STH is the referral center for approximately 43,000 NWT residents and 5,900 residents from the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. STH provides health care services to adults and children on an inpatient/outpatient and outreach basis in order to restore health with dignity. STH maintains a tobacco free environment within the building and throughout the property, recognizing the health hazards associated with tobacco in the workplace, both to smokers and non-smokers alike. Therefore, Stanton maintains a tobacco free environment within the building and throughout the property.
Truly Spectacular Career Opportunities!
Registered Nurses at Stanton Territorial Hospital are key members of a multi-disciplinary team that provides direct care to patients in a number of different units Currently we are looking for Registered Nurse in Float Pool and Pediatric units. Specific job and Education requirements are outlined in the job description.
Nurses can work anywhere; here is why we think you should choose to work in Yellowknife, NT.
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave,sick leave and even winter bonus days!
- Employee Friendly Scheduling - The hospital is moving towards a 2 days /2 nights /6 days off schedule where it is operationally feasible for our nursing staff.
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance of $3,450 in Yellowknife, there are additional allowances paid out for uniforms and laundry, education, and specialized training.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - Base salaries start at approximately $87,000 plus the additional allowances. Employees contribute to the defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to Yellowknife.
If you’d like to make a difference and have a positive impact in a great community, apply today!
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
Eligible for current registration/certification with RNANT/NU is mandatory for this position.
For more information on health and social services careers and practicing in the Northwest Territories please visit www.practiceNWT.ca
The salary range for this position is from $46.52 per hour to $55.57 per hour (approximately $90,714 - $108,262.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,700.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 16800
Closing Date: April 26, 2019 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time