Manager,Marketing & Customer Relations
The Department of Infrastructure (INF) provides high quality services to the public and Government of the Northwest Territories’ (GNWT) departments, boards and agencies including the planning, design, construction, acquisition, operation and maintenance of public transportation infrastructure and the buildings, works and equipment required for the GNWT to deliver its programs and services. INF makes essential petroleum products available for sale to the public where these products are not provided by the private sector, and promotes the development and increased use of energy efficient technologies. INF also regulates electrical and mechanical safety services and licenses individuals and vehicles operating in the territory.
For more information please refer to the Department of Infrastructure website at http://www.inf.gov.nt.ca/
The manager, Marketing and Customer Relations is located in Hay River, NT and reports to the Director of Marine Transportation Services. The Manager also has 2 seasonal casual direct reports. This position is responsible for management and oversight in the development, implementation and administration of the Marine Transportation Services marketing and communications plans and activities and oversees the sourcing and management of any external agencies and advice and expertise in marketing, branding , communications, public relations and customer service.
Some of the Knowledge, skills and abilities required for the positions are:
- Knowledge of marketing, communications (internal and external), public and media relations;
- Knowledge of digital / social media marketing including website development and social media management;
- Knowledge of advertising including digital such as Google adWords, direct marketing (including e-marketing) and sales and trade promotion;
- Knowledge of brand strategy and management;
- Knowledge of creative design and development of marketing and communications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including plain language with an ability to express ideas, concepts and recommendations to diverse audiences in a variety of channels;
- Knowledge of relevant GNWT polices, procedures and guidelines, and the departments programs policies and procedures.;
- Ability to lead teams and supervise, train and mentor subordinate staff effectively;
- Strategic and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to interpret and analyze data and situations so as to craft the appropriate strategies, tactics, and messaging.
The above qualifications are normally attained by:
University degree with specialization in marketing, communications, sale/business development and/or public relations, with a minimum of seven (7) years experience in the marketing and communication field.
Three (3) years management and direct supervisory experience is also required.
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
#209, 62 Woodland Drive
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Ph. (867) 874-5085
Fax (867) 874-5095
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $50.95 per hour to $60.85 per hour (approximately $99,158 to $118,658.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $5,999.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 17592
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED