Relief Janitor - Fort Resolution
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority – Yellowknife Region (NTHSSA) is one of eight health and social services authorities established by the Department of Health and Social Services in the Government of the Northwest Territories.
NTHSSA – Yellowknife Region delivers and administers Population Health, Primary Health Care and Social Services programs in the communities of Dettah, Fort Resolution, Lutselk’e, Ndilo and Yellowknife.
Our mission is to work with people to optimize wellbeing through the provision of collaborative and culturally appropriate health and social services.
This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Fort Resolution
This position reports to the Nurse in Charge, located at the Deninu Health Centre. The incumbent deals with non-government vendors.
1. Janitorial Services: maintain general cleanliness and tidiness, in accordance with infection prevention and control standards, of the Deninu Health Centre to reduce risk of disease and to improve appearance of facility.
• Sweep, vacuum, wash and polish floors and upholstery in offices and public areas.
• Dust and polish furniture, ledges, fittings, sills and countertops in offices and public areas.
• Clean sinks, toilets, bathroom fixtures, mirrors, etc.
• Maintain supplies in offices and public areas.
• Disposal garbage/waste and sharps following policies and universal precautions.
• Ensure that oxygen tanks are secured according to OH&S standards and at least 50% of oxygen tanks in storage are full and report to the Nurse in Charge when near or below this level.
• Wash interior windows on regular basis.
• Change x-ray solutions as per schedule and follow proper procedures.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Nurse in Charge.
2. Transportation and Courier Services.
• Transports patients and staff as required.
• Pickup and/or delivery of mail, parcels and packages as directed by Nurse in Charge.
• Collect supplies from local vendors.
• Lift, load and unload equipment, cartons, packages and other items as directed by Nurse in Charge.
• Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of organization vehicles.
• In collaboration with the relevant manager of operations, ensures that vehicles are regularly maintained (preventative maintenance by qualified mechanics to foster occupational health and safety for staff and safety for clients.
• Maintain log book and regular maintenance checks of each vehicle assigned to the organization.
3. Building and Ground Maintenance.
• Clean garbage and debris from grounds.
• Mow lawn and trim hedges in summer months.
• Wash exterior windows as required.
• Clear snow and ice from entrance, steps and emergency exit.
• Perform other duties as directed by Nurse in Charge.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
A combination of training, work experience and related experience in building maintenance and orientation. Familiarity with the facilities systems (electrical, water, sewage, heating, etc.) would be an asset.
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
This job opening is for a Relief position where there are no established hours of work on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and may be required to report to work on an as and when required basis for facilities where services operate on a daily basis throughout the entire year.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $27.99 per hour to 33.45 per hour (approximately $54,580 to $65,227.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $9,474.
Driver's License Requirement
A mandatory requirement for this position is a valid Class 5 Driver's License
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 17802
Closing Date: November 25, 2019 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time