Plumber/Oil Burner Mechanic
The Department of Infrastructure (INF) provides high quality services to the public and Government of the Northwest Territories’ (GNWT) departments, boards and agencies including the planning, design, construction, acquisition, operation and maintenance of public transportation infrastructure and the buildings, works and equipment required for the GNWT to deliver its programs and services. INF makes essential petroleum products available for sale to the public where these products are not provided by the private sector, and promotes the development and increased use of energy efficient technologies. INF also regulates electrical and mechanical safety services and licenses individuals and vehicles operating in the territory.
For more information please refer to the Department of Infrastructure website at http://www.inf.gov.nt.ca/
This position reports to the Maintenance Coordinator and is located in Norman Wells. The position performs plumbing/oil burner mechanic services; preventative maintenance and repairs for GNWT owned and operated facilities in Norman Wells, and frequent site visits to other communities in the Sahtu as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge to work with the metric system.
• Basic electrical knowledge.
• Hazardous Goods Knowledge (chemical mixes and cleaners).
• Knowledge of Computerized Building Systems (example: Honeywell).
• Ability to inspect plumbing, oil, and hot water systems and equipment.
• Ability to complete repairs and installation in accordance with the Plumbing, Heating, and OBM (Oil Burner Mechanic) Codes.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability and willingness to keep up-to-date with technology.
Typically the above qualifications would be attained by:
• Journeyman Certification as a Plumber or Oil Burner Mechanic and 3 years of directly related experience.
• Certification as a Class 5 or 4 Operating Engineer, and eligibility to register for First or Second Class NWT Gasfitter Certification would be assets.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
This job opening is for a Non-Traditional Occupations. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 17850 Closing Date: Open until filled.
The salary for this position starts at $38.74 per hour (approximately $75,543.00 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.