The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority –Stanton Territorial Hospital (NTHSSA) is offering challenging nursing work and work life balance. Join our health care team as a Registered Nurse (RN). Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is a 100 in-patient bed accredited facility, located in Yellowknife Northwest Territories (NWT). This is an exciting time to work at Stanton as the hospital is undergoing major redevelopment with a new $350 million facility being built with operations scheduled to transition into the new facility in 2019, for more information on the redevelopment visit www.stantonrenewal.ca . STH is the referral center for approximately 43,000 NWT residents and 5,900 residents from the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. STH provides health care services to adults and children on an inpatient/outpatient and outreach basis in order to restore health with dignity. STH maintains a tobacco free environment within the building and throughout the property, recognizing the health hazards associated with tobacco in the workplace, both to smokers and non-smokers alike. Therefore, Stanton maintains a tobacco free environment within the building and throughout the property.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Physiotherapy, the incumbent is one of 7 Physiotherapists who independently manage their caseload and provide diagnostic, intervention, treatment and referral services and health promotion and injury prevention education to in-patients, out-patients and community patients ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics.The Physiotherapy Unit consists of the 1.0 FTE Clinical Supervisor, 6.6 FTE Physiotherapists, 1.0 FTE Physiotherapy Aide and 1.0 FTE Program Administrative Assistant.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current accepted standards of rehabilitation practice with a broad base of skills and clinical experience;
- Knowledge of applicable protocols, policies, regulations and legislation;
- Ability to lead and foster excellence in multi-disciplinary client service delivery;
- Knowledge of education principles related to adult learners required to develop and deliver subject specific training and development;
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in a variety of organizations at the community, regional and territorial level;
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural, social, gender and age dynamics as they relate to the delivery of primary health care programs and services with an ability to deal with a variety of people in a non-judgmental manner;
- Research and evaluation skills to conduct reviews and analyze or compare practices against evidence based and accepted standards;
- Ability to develop new programs, to facilitate creative problem solving using a situational approach and incorporating conceptual, analytical, interpretive, evaluative, intuitive and constructive thinking skills.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Completion of a Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5 TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy with a minimum of 2 years of physiotherapy work experience.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 18805
Closing Date: August 10, 2020 - 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary range for this position is from $47.68 per hour to $56.96 per hour (approximately $92,976 - $110,072.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,700.
This job opening is for a term until June 15, 2021.