Commission scolaire de francophone
Reporting to the Principal, École Boréale, the Program Support Assistant is responsible for helping to provide quality curricular and program activities for students, both inside and outside the classroom. The Program Support Assistant is also responsible for preparing and organizing the resources required for successful schooling, including assisting with documenting students achievements and for communicating with parents as directed by the teacher.
The knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are:
- Ability to read and comprehend appropriate materials, in order to provide instruction in core academic subjects to students in a wide range of grade levels;
- Ability to understand different teaching styles, and classroom management techniques;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with student with special needs;
- Ability to read instructions, IEP's and minutes of meetings;
- Must have basic computer skills, planning and organizing skills;
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality during the performance of his or her duties; and
- Must have empathy towards students
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Completion of Grade 12
Spoken and written fluency at the advanced level in French
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
209 62 WOODLAND DRIVE
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Tel (867) 874-5085
Fax (867) 874-5095
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #19219
Closing Date: October 26, 2020, 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary for this position starts at $33.20 per hour (approximately $34,528. per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $4,593.
This Job opening is for a Part-time position (20 hours of work per week).
This job opening is for a Term to June 30, 2021