Mentor Apprentice Program (MAP) Project Coordinator
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) provides the residents of the Northwest Territories with access to quality programs, services and support to assist them in making informed and productive choices for themselves and their families with regard to education, training, careers, employment and labour, child development, languages, culture and heritage.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
- Strong cross-cultural oral communication skills;
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Indigenous language revitalization initiatives;
- Curriculum development, instructional design, and assessment;
- Current and contemporary language learning challenges, language loss, linguistic landscapes, and language shifts;
- Project management, evaluation and strategic planning theories, processes and practices;
- Demonstrated understanding of northern cultures, languages and people;
- Well-developed research ethics for working with language communities;
- Respect for ideas and language advice from Elders and language leaders;
- Experience in linguistic or anthropologic fieldwork and documentation research;
- Superior writing and organizational skills, including facilitation for meetings, discussions, and training workshops.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 19239
Closing Date: October 26, 2020 - 23:59, Mountain Time
Salary for this position is currently Under Review.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.