Teacher Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten - Liidlii Kue Elementary School
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
Dehcho Divisional Education Council invites applications for the 2020-2021 school year from certified teachers who are dedicated to teaching and have experience and/or interest in the cultural, linguistic and traditional heritage of the Dene.
Liidlii Kue Elementary School is a Junior Kindergarten through grade 6 school. The 93 students are predominantly Denis and Métis. School programs support language and cultural heritage of the students in an inclusive environment that respects the diverse styles and needs of all learners.
Available Position: Teacher - Junior Kindergarten-Kindergarten (Term)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
End Date: July 2021
• Must hold or be eligible for a N.W.T Professional Teaching Certificate;
• Have training and/or experience in Junior Kindergarten to Grade Six curricula.
• Ability to work as a team member in planning, delivery and assessment of programs and students.
• Demonstrate a holistic, inter-disciplinary approach to teaching in an inclusionary classroom.
• Ability to work with students, in multi level situations.
• Training and teaching experience in a cross-cultural, classroom situation.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with the NWT integrated play based Kindergarten Curriculum.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Daily 5, Differentiated Instruction, and Self Regulation.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Interested and qualified applicants will submit a resume, complete with 3 references; the names of previous and current supervisors with a copy of the most recent performance review. Current and previous employers will be contacted for references.
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check from the RCMP if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem the candidate disqualified from the competitive process. Applicants must clearly indicate their Affirmative Action Status in their application.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Submit application information to:
Liidlii Kue Elementary School
PO Box 499
Fort Simpson, NT
Fort Simpson is vibrant Dene First Nation community situated where the Liard and Mackenzie rivers meet. Fort Simpson is the regional centre of the DehCho and is the gateway to the scenic South Nahanni River and the Beautiful Nahanni National Park Reserve.
The Dehcho Divisional Education Council provides a smoke free work environment and supports Affirmative Action candidates.
Dependent on qualifications and ranges from $80,180 to $129,448 per annum, plus a very attractive benefits package including a Northern Allowance of approx $6406, relocation, and a school work year. For more information, the NWT Teachers' Association Collective Agreement is online: https://my.hr.gov.nt.ca/resources/terms-employment/nwtta-collective-agreement
This job opening is for a Term to July 2020.