Teacher Senior High - Liidlii Kue Regional High School
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
The successful teacher will have teachable skills for English Language Arts, ideally with additional qualifications or experiences in teaching social studies and the humanities.
Term January 2021 - June 2021
• Must hold, or be eligible for a Professional N.W.T. Teaching Certificate;
• Must work as a team member in planning, delivery and assessment of programs and students;
• Should have training and teaching experience in cross-cultural and multi-grade, inclusive classroom situation.
• Should have direct experience with N.W.T. curricula at the secondary level; preferably grades 7-12; Expertise with Reading Apprenticeship is highly desirable.
• Should have demonstrated abilities in student motivation co-curricular and extra-curricular involvement
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documentation.
• Cover letter, resume and 3 references, including current supervisor,
• Statement (1 page max) outlining your educational/leadership philosophy
• Most recent evaluation
Mr. Marty Leach
Liidlii Kue Regional High School
P.O. Box 252
Fort Simpson, NT X0E 0N0
Telephone: (867) 695-3320
Fax: (867) 695-3330
Job Opening ID #19404
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Dependent on qualifications and ranges from $80,000 to $129,000 per annum, plus a very attractive benefits package including a Northern Allowance of approx $12,732, relocation, and a school work year. For more information, the NWT Teachers' Association Collective Agreement is online: https://my.hr.gov.nt.ca/resources/terms-employment/nwtta-collective-agreement