The Tlicho Community Services Agency is a unique organization responsible for the delivery of education, health and social services within the Tlicho region. The Tlicho Community Services Agency's vision 'Strong Like Two People' is a metaphor for the desire by community leadership to build an organization, and create programs and services that recognize the strength and importance of two cultures.
You will provide advanced clinical health assessment, diagnosis, nursing care, and services to clients on a routine and emergency basis to promote a healthy lifestyle; prevent and/or reduce incidence of disease, disability and death; and support rehabilitation and restore health!
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
• The successful completion of a Nursing Degree
• A Master's Degree, qualifying the incumbent as a Nurse Practitioner
• Two year's recent NP experience in an emergency department setting or community health center.
• The incumbent must be registered as a Nurse Practitioner with the RNANT/ NU in good standing and have completed a satisfactory criminal record check.
• It is expected that the Nurse Practitioner will maintain current knowledge and enhance competencies relevant to primary community care practice through professional development activities, peer review, and other continuing competency strategies
Tlicho HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
NISHI KHON BUILDING, 2nd FLOOR
BEHCHOKO NT X0E 0Y0
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
This job opening is for a 2 Year Term.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 19500
Closing Date: Open until Filled
The salary range for this position is from $57.15 per hour to $68.28 per hour, plus a Northern Allowance of $2.78 per hour.