Regional Manager, Operations
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Located in Norman Wells, the Regional Manager, Operations (RMO) reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position is accountable and provides a single point of contact for all operational management support to the NTHSSA, Sahtu Region. The RMO is accountable to the COO for ensuring the efficient operations of the region’s facilities, equipment, leases and security of all physical buildings and personnel under the lease and/or ownership. The RMO is also responsible for providing oversight to the contracting process. Ensuring the continuing functionality of all facilities impacts the working environments of virtually all staff, patients and clients of the Sahtu Region. This position provides direction, management and leadership to the Regional Manager of Community Health Centres and the Regional Manager of Continuing Care, RMO, Mental Health and Addiction and Regional Manager, Child and Family Services, as it pertains to the above. This position requires the incumbent to travel to locations outside of Norman Wells. Excellent communication skills are essential to provide remote and onsite support to staff.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of health centre and long term care facilities and technology to manage operational and technical issues. Knowledge of maintenance programs for equipment, vehicles and facilities.
• Knowledge and skills relating to mechanical and building systems.
• Knowledge of contract administration and management.
• Knowledge and skills relating to project management, particularly in a northern and/or resource constrained environment.
• Knowledge and skills relating to emergency management procedures and processes related to facilities and fleet management within a northern context.
• Knowledge of building design and construction and ability to apply knowledge to trouble shoot, provide direction/advice to contractors, and plan implement and evaluate preventative maintenance.
• Knowledge and training in the use of the CSAZ317.13.12 Standards for infection control during construction, renovation, and maintenance of health care facilities and Accreditation Standards (Infection Prevention and Control Standards).
• Supervisory, team management and staff engagement skills.
• Organized and the ability to be accountable in the delivery a wide variety of programs and services.
• Skills and the ability to evaluate and ensure standards of care are being met.
• Leadership abilities and verbal and written communication skills; much of the work is accomplished through teamwork.
• Knowledge and skills in human resources and labour relation processes.
Typically the above qualifications would be attained by:
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Property Management with two years facility management experience and 2 years of supervisory experience; OR,
A technical diploma or certificate level in the facilities management field with four (4) years of related work experience providing technical and facility management and planning supports.
Included in the four (4) years related experience is a minimum of two (2) years management and supervisory experience.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Driver's License Requirement
A mandatory requirement for this position is a valid Class 5 Driver's License.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 19636 Closing Date: January 22, 2021 - 23:59, Mountain Time.
The salary for this position starts at $49.91 per hour (approximately $97,324.50 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.