General Teachers - Anticipatory Staffing
Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
The Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council actively promotes:
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
• Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
• Outcome based instruction and assessment
• Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
• Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have their Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
• Preference is given to teachers with recent successful teaching experiences in a JK-12 environment
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in related areas
• Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
• Training in Literacy and Numeracy
• Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
• Understanding of local culture and or language
• Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $82,185 to $32,684 per annum) plus an annual pro-rated Northern Allowance ranging from $15,112 to $41,325 per annum.