Medical Radiation Technologist/Mammographer
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Located within the Inuvik Regional Hospital and reporting directly to the Manager of Health Services and working closely with Diagnostic Imaging Team Lead the incumbent utilizes radiology equipment to independently produce high quality radiography images required by the radiologist to complete an accurate diagnosis of patients. The Diagnostic Imaging department at Inuvik Regional Hospital consists of a team lead/medical radiation technologize, one sonographer, one medical radiation technologist/mammography and one clerk/receptionist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In depth knowledge of Radiology and an ability to effectively use varied types of Diagnostic equipment (x-ray, mobile x-ray and computed radiography). Required to produce good quality images for diagnosis of the patient to the Radiologist
- Must have a sound knowledge and an understanding of pathologies that may affect internal structures
- Must be able to use clinical information provided by the referring Physician to determine specific areas to be images (i.e. patient’s symptoms)
- An understanding of an and ability to perform QC measures on all Diagnostic Imaging equipment
- A working knowledge of an ability to effectively operate a RIS
- A knowledge of and ability to operate a desktop computer in order to send and receive electronic mail and conduct research over the internet
- The incumbent must be aware of the importance of confidentiality and privacy and be able to keep personal and medical information private and confidential at all times
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
This level of knowledge is typically acquired through the successful completion of a diploma/degree in Medical Radiation Technology with certification and registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT), plus one year of related experience and the successful completion of Mammography 1 correspondence through CAMRT or successful completion within six months of hire.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Eligible for current registration with the Medical Radiation Technology with certification and registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is mandatory for this position.
For more information on health and social services careers and practicing in the Northwest Territories please visit www.practiceNWT.ca
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 19787
Closing Date: May 10, 2021 - 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary for this position starts at $ 45.54 per hour (approximately $88,803. per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $15,279.