This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Inuvik, NT.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Located in Inuvik and reporting to the Transportation Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for vehicle fleet maintenance, the care and services of the Handi Van vehicle booking, usage and maintenance and ensuring clients receive appropriate and safe transportation to and from designated points in the Town of Inuvik. The incumbent provides inventory control of controllable assets to eight (8) surrounding communities including Inuvik and assist with orientation of casual staff within the Division. The incumbent determines their own scheduling to most efficiently meet the needs of the clients and staff, as delays in service could create needless stress for all parties involved. The incumbent works with staff, contractors, public, outside agencies and other Government departments. The Motor Vehicles Act and BDHSSA policies and procedures guide the incumbent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- GNWT Financial Administration Act, WHMIS Regulations,and Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Must possess a valid Class 4 NWT driver's license and must be bondable.
- Certification in WHMIS, ITA Dangerous Goods, First Aid and CPR are mandatory.
- Computer experience in databased programs and knowledge of spreadsheets is required.
- Solid customer service skills when dealing with stakeholders and staff of BDHSSA.
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must posses good time management skills to organize time and deliver services within time schedules for maximum efficiency.
- Has experience and hands-on training to assist ambulatory clients who require walking aids or are confined to wheelchairs to embark and disembark from the Handi Van.
- Must be able to follow instructions and record information.
- Must be able to use radio communication, pagers and mobile equipment.
- Must be able to lift 20 to 30 pounds daily ie: Wheelchairs, walkers, mail.
TYPICALLY, THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE ATTAINED BY:
Completion of Grade 12. Experience using computers and with Excel. Experience in a warehouse setting or other related fields. Class 4 Driver's License. Certification in WHMIS, First Aid and CPR are mandatory. Certificate in ITA Dangerous Goods is required.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
This job opening is for a 6 month term position.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Driver's License Requirement
A mandatory requirement for this position is a valid Class 4 Driver's License.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #19868
Closing Date: Friday, March 5, 2021 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary for this position starts at $30.86 per hour plus an annual Northern Allowance.