This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Fort Smith, NT.
The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that the school is maintained as a healthy, safe and sanitary environment for the students, staff and the general public. More specific responsibilities include:
• Cleaning and caring for school facilities, school grounds, and equipment on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis in order to ensure the school environment is maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
• Maintaining storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of students, staff and public.
• Participating in extra-curricular activities in order to provide opportunities for all students to become active in cultural, sport and other activities and events.
The incumbent's knowledge, skills and abilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• an understanding of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals and products and equipment.
• the ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
• must be able to work under little supervision
• the ability to speak the local aboriginal language is an asset.
These qualifications are typically attained through completion of grade 10, related experience and the completion of a WHMIS course.
Fort Smith HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
83 Breynat Street
FORT SMITH, NT X0E 0P0
This job opening is for a Relief position where there are no established hours of work on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and may be required to report to work on an as and when required basis for facilities where services operate on a daily basis throughout the entire year.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 19885
Closing Date: March 9, 2021 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
The salary for this position starts at $25.60 per hour plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3.39 per hour