Chief Health Privacy Officer - Amended Closing Date
This Job Opening is limited to employees with the GNWT/WSCC in indeterminate and term positions.
Employees must apply through HRIS / Employee Self-Service. For instructions please see:
The Department of Health and Social Services works under the direction of the Minister and Deputy Minister, in partnership with the Health and Social Services Authorities, to support the health and wellbeing of people across the NWT through planning, development, evaluation and reporting on program and service delivery.
HSS is committed to the development and provision of quality services in such a way as to make the best use of public resources, ensure the sustainability of the system, focus on client safety and best practices and promote positive health and social outcomes. HSS strives to continually improve the health and social service system to ensure best health, best care, and a better future for the people of the NWT.
As the Chief Health Privacy Officer you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Health Privacy Framework for the Northwest Territories (NWT) and the promotion of a culture of health privacy within the NWT health and social services system. You will also oversee and promote a client focused, balanced approach to the protection and sharing of information in the NWT health and social services system to enable the delivery of better patient care.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
• The completion of a master degree in Public Administration, Law or Business Administration;
• Six (6) years progressively more responsible experience in the development of policy and management of privacy information, including:
- Three (3) years of supervisory/management experience
- A minimum of three (3) years progressive program development and quality improvement experience as well as experience in chairing and participating in interdisciplinary work groups
- Skill and experience in program development and project management, plus methods of improvement, theories of change, and current concepts of team-building.
- Considerable knowledge of privacy legislation at the territorial, provincial, federal and private levels.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 20066
Closing Date: April 21, 2021 - 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary range for this position is from $57.15 per hour to $68.28 per hour (approximately $111,442 - $133,146) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,700.