Teacher - Grade 2 - 1 Year Term
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
Dehcho Divisional Education Council invites applications for the 2021-2022 school year from certified teachers who are dedicated to teaching and have experience and/or interest in the cultural, linguistic and traditional heritage of the Dene. Liidlii Kue Elementary School is a Junior Kindergarten through grade 6 school with about 90 students who are predominantly Dene and Metis. School programs support language and cultural heritage of the students in an inclusive environment that respects the diverse styles and needs of all learners.
Available Position: Elementary Teacher Grade 2 - 1 Year Term
Start Date: August 23, 2021
The teacher will offer a holistic, culturally relevant program that supports the language and cultural heritage of the students and addresses the needs of all students who may have learning d1allenges in a multi-grade class.
• Must hold or be eligible for a N.W.T Professional Teaching Certificate;
• Have training and/or experience in Junior Kindergarten to Grade Six curricula.
• Ability to work as a team member in planning, delivery and assessment of programs and students.
• Demonstrate a holistic, inter-disciplinary approach to teaching in an inclusionary classroom.
• Ability to work with students, in multi level situations.
• Training and teaching experience in a cross-cultural, classroom situation.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Daily 5, Fountas & Pinnell, Differentiated fnstruction, and Self-Regulation Strategies.
• Must demonstrate active and consistent professional growth throughout their educational career to keep pace with innovative current thought and practice.
Interested and qualified applicants will submit a resmTte, complete with 3 references, the names of previous and current supervisors with a copy of the most recent performance review. Current and previous employers will be contacted for references. Candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (CRC) as well as a Vulnerable Sector Checks (VSC) from the RC:MP if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory CRC and VSC may deem the candidate disqualified from the competitive process. Applicants must clearly indicate their Affirmative Action Status in their application. Information on salary and benefits, as outlined in the Northwest Territories Teachers' Association Collective Agreement are available on the following website: https://nwtta.nt.ca/publications/collective-agreements or https://my.hr.gov.nt.ca/resources/terms-employment/nwtta-collective-agre...
Submit application information to:
c/o Marty Leach, Principal
Liidlii Kue Elementary School
PO Box 499
Fort Simpson, NT
Fort Simpson is vibrant Dene First Nation community situated where the Liard and Mackenzie rivers meet. Fort Simpson is the regional centre of the DehCho and is the gateway to the scenic South Nahanni River and the Beautiful Nahanni National Park Reserve.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 20823
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary for this position is currently Under Review.