Contract Administrator Amended
The Northwest Territories Housing Corporation provides access to adequate, suitable and affordable housing through the provision of housing programs and services based on need.
The Contracts Administrator works within an established accountability framework to ensure the accuracy and integrity of processes including ensuring that all contracting procedures are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures. This framework includes the Financial Administration Manual, the Business Incentive Policy, the Northern Manufacturing Directive, and the NWTHC Contract Administration manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Effective communication skills (both oral and written).
• Attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information in order to ensure that financial information is up to date and accurate.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with staff and contractors.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to interact with District Staff and Contractors in a positive, professional and business¿like manner.
• Work in high stress multi¿taking environment with tight deadlines.
• Conduct self with a high degree of diplomacy when required.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The position required an understanding of finance and administrative policies and procedures. The incumbent would be expected to have experience with computerized spreadsheet, word processing and financial systems.
Typically, the incumbent would have an office administration certificate and/or diploma.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #20931 Closing Date: September 29, 2021 - 23:59, Mountain Time.
The salary for this position starts at $34.39 per hour (approximately $67,060.50 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.