Day Procedures/Operating Room - Various Positions
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Calling All Qualified Registered Nurses with experience in Operating Room and Day Procedures!
We are seeking dedicated, hard-working professionals with a passion for providing exceptional care in our operating rooms, post anesthesia recovery and day procedures at Stanton Territorial Hospital in the unique and exciting city of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Registered Nurses (RN) in these areas can earn between $49.12 - $58.68/hour with additional financial benefits and allowances. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Northern Living Allowance, which is $3,700/year in Yellowknife
- Various opportunities to collect overtime. Those that work past their scheduled 12 hour shift or are called in early can earn DOUBLE OT or $98.24/hour.
- Shift premiums (early morning or evening/overnight shifts schedule directly before or after a regular shift) are paid an hourly $2.50 in addition to the regular hourly (also on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Academic Allowance, which comes to an additional $100/month, is provided to employees who hold a Bachelor’s degree in a frontline health related field.
- We offer various educational and development opportunities to facilitate your career advancement. Financial support for eligible employees is available for those working towards earning degrees and certifications within their field. Similarly, regular professional development funding allows staff to access activities such as mentorship, seminars, webinars and conferences on a regular basis.
These exciting opportunities allows you to work to your full scope of practice and is tasked with providing safe, competent, and culturally sensitive care to patients and families within the unit, which is open Monday-Friday from 6:30 to 18:00 hours. Have a healthy work-life balance, while working in the field you love, with a schedule that is easy to plan your life around.
The RN, is a member of a patient care team that provides direct pre-operative assessment, post-operative care, and patient teaching for discharge, to adult and pediatric outpatients who are scheduled for surgical and endoscopic procedures.
The team is currently welcoming applications for the following positions in term and indeterminate capacities:
• Registered Nurse – Surgical Day Procedures
• Registered Nurse – Day Procedures Endoscopy
• Registered Nurse – Operating Room/Post Anesthesia Recovery Room
• Registered Nurse – First Assistant
Typically, the qualifications for this position are attained by:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and a minimum of one (1) year of recent clinical experience, preferably endoscopy or OR/PARR.
To learn more about any of these opportunities click the link at the top of the page to read detailed job descriptions for each position. If you have any questions, please contact Hlthss_recruitment@gov.nt.ca.
If you want to have a positive impact while providing a high standard of care for your clients click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and cover letter today!
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
This job opening is for 12 Month Terms and Indeterminate vacancies.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Eligible for current registration/certification with the Registered Nurses Association of Northwest Territories and Nunavut (RNANT/NU) is mandatory for this position.
For more information on health and social services careers and practicing in the Northwest Territories please visit www.practiceNWT.ca
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) is committed to promoting, protecting and providing for the health and wellbeing of the people of the Northwest Territories. In order to decrease the risk of workers contracting and/or spreading vaccine preventable communicable diseases in NTHSSA workplaces, unless specifically stated, the NTHSSA will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of January 11, 2022. Candidates must provide proof that they have met the vaccination requirements or provide a valid medical or Human Rights exemption to complete the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 22441
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The salary range for these positions extend from $40.91 per hour to $58.68 per hour (approximately $79,775 - $114,426.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,700.