This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Fort Liard.
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
Located in Fort Liard, the School/DEA Secretary reports to the Principal and is responsible for providing confidential secretarial, administrative and financial support services to the Principal, Vice Principal and staff of the School. This position is also responsible for providing administrative assistance and client support to the Schools' students, their families and members of the public. Dutites also include student breakfast
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of secretarial, administrative and office procedures, including records management systems.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and purchasing procedures.
• Knowledge of the goals, objectives and operations of the school.
• Computer skills including spreadsheet, database, and word-processing, as well as leave and attendance and student record management systems.
• Interpersonal skills, dealing effectively with staff, students, parents and the public.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
• Respectful understanding of local people and cultures of the community.
• Ability to be organized and manage time, and manage deadline stress.
• Able to make decisions and solve problems within the scope of the job.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Secondary School (Grade 12) diploma with the completion of a Secretarial Arts or Office Procedures program and related experience.
Equal combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Dehcho HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
9602 100 STREET
FORT SIMPSON, NT X0E 0N0
Tel (867) 695-7233
Fax (867) 695-3254
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 22770
Closing Date: OCTOBER 6, 2022 - 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary range for this position is from $34.20 per hour to $40.85 per hour (approximately $66, 690 - $79, 657) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $7,803.