Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
BDDEC is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of Instructional Coach to help improve student achievement. The primary focus of this position will be improving student achievement through data based decision-making, research-based strategies and job-embedded professional development of teachers focusing on early learning. The successful applicant should have elementary training and student literacy/numeracy development experience. Alternately, applicants with expertise in inclusive schooling and reading assessment and or mathematics will also be considered.
As a key member of a dedicated educational leadership team responsible for providing consultative and collaborative support to BDDEC schools, the incumbent shall:
- Provide direct support to schools through lesson demonstrations and coaching using effective research-based teaching strategies
- Utilize the BDDEC Teacher Coaching Cycle to help develop teacher capacity
- Work with school representatives to determine priorities, and facilitate the development and implementation of plans and programs that meet the diverse educational needs of students
- Guide teachers in the use of data to inform instructional decisions
- Develop and deliver staff training (in-service) opportunities within the region in consultation with BDDEC school staffs
- Carry out and implement goals of school based action plans
- Must work closely with the BDDEC Coordinator to ensure school based action plans aligns with district operating plan.
- Participate collaboratively in the BDDEC networks and all BDDEC literacy/numeracy initiatives
- Work with schools to develop school-based plans to meet their student needs.
- Be familiar with the prescribed NWT curriculum.
- Cultural competency is necessary.
- Coachability, Growth mindset and openness to learning is a must for the successful candidate.
- Undertake/assist in other duties that may be assigned by the Principal.
- Experience in cross-curricular or interdisciplinary planning.
- Willingness to actively participate in BDDEC/NWT in-services and training.
- The successful applicant is expected to have specialization, training, and experience in any or all of the above listed responsibilities. Candidate must have a Bachelor of Education degree and be eligible for an NWT teaching certificate.
Postgraduate training, educational leadership and facilitation training and experience would be definite assets. Preference will be given to proficient educators with demonstrated leadership experiences, excellent initiative, planning, organization, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, and a track record of effective classroom experience. She/he will be known for a high standard of professionalism and will be a strong team player committed to working well with and earning the respect of school staffs.
Beaufort Delta Divisional Education Council
Bag Service # 12
Inuvik, NT X0E-0T0
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 22797
Closing Date: Open Until Filled