Regional Manager Operations - Term
This posting has been amended to reflect a new closing date of December 14, 2022- 23:59, Mountain Time
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Located in Fort Simpson, the Manager reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Manager is accountable and provides a single point of contact for all operational management support to the NTHSSA - Dehcho region. The Manager is accountable to the COO for ensuring the efficient operations of the regions space, equipment, leases and security to all physical buildings and personnel under the lease and/or ownership as well as providing oversight to the contracting process.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the continuing functionality of all facilities, thus impacting the working environments of virtually all staff and clients of the Dehcho Region.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent should possess the following:
• Proven supervisory, team management and staff engagement skills.
• Good understanding of human resources and labor relation processes.
• Ability to lead remote teams, services and resources.
• Ability to both manage and directly resolve operational and service management problems.
• Ability to work with a Regional Senior Management Team.
• Ability to rapidly become familiar with a broad range of mechanical, electrical and infrastructure technologies and be able to manage or as required directly support.
• Knowledge of northern logistics, technology, construction, and context.
• Knowledge of Infection Control Practices.
• Knowledge of health centre and long term care facilities and technology to manage operational and technical issues.
• Working knowledge of mechanical and building systems.
• Knowledge of contract administration and management.
• Knowledge of and experience with project management, particularly in a northern and/or resource constrained environment.
• Knowledge of and experience with emergency management procedures and processes related to facilities and fleet management with a northern context.
• Working knowledge of building design and construction and ability to apply knowledge to trouble shooting, direction/advice to contractors, and preventative maintenance planning/implementation and evaluation.
• Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - to develop and maintain internal and external networks to achieve work objectives.
• Demonstrated financial management skills, including project cost tracking and variance reporting.
• Demonstrated skills in risk, issues and stakeholder management.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities in the application of change management.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with compressed deadlines and multiple deliverables.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
• A degree in business administration or property management with two years facility management and supervisory experience; OR
• A technical diploma or certificate level in the facilities management field with four years of related work experience, providing technical and facility management and planning supports. Included in the four years related experience is a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
• A valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driver's abstract.
• Health care facilities management, operational management, project management, and/or contract management certification(s), preferred,
• Experience in a cross-cultural setting is preferred.
• Experience in a Northern cold weather environment preferred.
• Other combinations of post-secondary education, health facility management experience, project management certification, GNWT /Northern experience will be considered.
• Combinations of experience and education of 6 years or greater will be required based on the types of equivalent experience or education.
Dehcho HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
9602 100 STREET
FORT SIMPSON, NT X0E 0N0
Tel (867) 695-7233
Fax (867) 695-3254
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
This job opening is for a 1 year term
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Driver's License Requirement
A mandatory requirement for this position is a valid Class 5 Driver's License
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) is committed to promoting, protecting, and providing for the health and wellbeing of the people of the Northwest Territories. In order to decrease the risk of workers contracting and/or spreading vaccine preventable communicable diseases in NTHSSA workplaces, unless specifically stated, the NTHSSA will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of January 11, 2022. Candidates must provide proof that they have met the vaccination requirements or provide a valid medical or Human Rights exemption to complete the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 23058
Closing Date: DEC 14, 2022- 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary range for this position is from $49.12 per hour to $58.68 per hour (approximately $95, 784.00 - $114, 426.00.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $12, 785.00