Teacher - Grade 3 - Liidlii Kue Elementary School
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
Dehcho Divisional Education Council invites applications for the 2023-2024 school year from certified teachers. Liidlii Kue Elementary School is a Junior Kindergarten through grade 6 school. The 95 students are predominantly Dene and Métis. School programs support language and cultural heritage of the students in an inclusive environment that respects the diverse styles and needs of all learners.
Available Position: Elementary Teacher Grade 3- (Term)
• Must hold, or be eligible for a N.W.T Professional Teaching Certificate;
• Ability to work as a team member in planning, delivery and assessment of programs and students.
• Demonstrate a holistic, inter-disciplinary approach to teaching in an inclusionary classroom.
• Ability to work with students, in multi level situations.
• Should have direct experience with the N.W.T. curricula.
• Training and teaching experience in a cross-cultural, classroom situation.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Daily 5, Differentiated Instruction, and Self Regulations
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3;
- Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Interested and qualified applicants will submit a resume, complete with 3 references; the names of previous and current supervisors with a copy of the most recent performance review. Current and previous employers will be contacted for references.
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check from the RCMP if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem the candidate disqualified from the competitive process. Applicants must clearly indicate their Affirmative Action Status in their application.
Questions/inquiries about this position, please contact:
Benjamin Adams, Principal
Liidlii Kue Elementary School
PO Box 499
Fort Simpson, NT
Open until filled
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 24456
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $80,180 to $129,448 per annum) (NWTTA is currently in negations) plus an annual pro-rated Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.