This job opening is limited to residents living within 40 kilometres of Hay River.
The Department of Finance has the mandate to provide leadership and direction to the public service in all areas of finance and human resource management. This mandate includes negotiating major financial arrangements with the federal government, providing analysis and advice to the Financial Management Board, and ensuring that financial and information resources are managed effectively, efficiently and economically. This mandate also includes the recruitment and retention of a competent public service that is representative of the people it serves and the development of programs and services that effectively serve the human resource needs of the public service.
The Contracts Administrator position is located in Hay River and reports to the Manager, Procurement Shared Services. This position develops, implements, and administers the tendering and contracting processes of the GNWT Procurement Shared Services tender desk, including advertising, compiling tender packages, receiving and opening tenders, and responding to inquiries.
Some of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position are:
- Knowledge of purchasing, contract law, contracting practices and the application of contract administration procedures in order to recognize when situations require corrective action or referral in order to ensure compliance with government policy and procedures;
- Knowledge of database applications to support the development, revision and effective use of database for timely and easy provision of data;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment where critical and tight timelines dictate co-operation and coordination, and sharing of tasks among all members of the team;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability.
The above knowledge, skills and abilities are typically attained by:
- Progressive experience (2-3 years) in supply chain management, procurement, contract management and administration in the public or private sector, combined with coursework through the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC)
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
209 - 62 WOODLAND DRIVE
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Tel (867) 875-8086
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 24465
Closing Date: December 1, 2023 - 23:59, Mountain Time
The salary range for this position is from $36.71 per hour to $43.85 per hour (approximately $71,585 - $85,508.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $4,711