Community Adult Educator
Aurora College's mission is to demonstrate leadership in the delivery of relevant and meaningful education and research rooted in strong connections to Northern land, tradition, community and people.
The Community Adult Educator is responsible for providing academic and administrative leadership for the effective deliver of a full range of literacy, academic, skill based and Developmental Studies programming at the Community Learning Centre on the Hay River Reserve. This position is the first point of contact for the college on the Hay River Reserve and is required to provide leadership in the delivery and/or facilitation of programs and courses as well as promoting career development for people in the community.
Some of the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
- Knowledge and understanding of adult education theory and practice;
- Knowledge of and experienced in basic academic career counselling/coaching;
- Knowledge of northern communities, cultures and cross cultural processes;
- Proven leadership, management, organizational and time management skills;
- Budgeting skills and the ability to anticipate long-term financial needs and requirements for program delivery
Typically, the above knowledge, skills and abilities would be attained by:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Adult Education or Bachelor of Education
- Two years of positive and progressive work experience in adult instruction
- Adult Education Certification or Coursework
- Fluency in one or more Aboriginal languages, reflective of the community in which the incumbent will be employed;
- Familiarity with current distance education techniques
- Certified in First Aid
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
209 - 62 WOODLAND DRIVE
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Tel (867) 875-8086
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
This job opening is for a term from August 24, 2024 to April 11, 2025, inclusive.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 24752
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The salary range for this position is from $53.80 per hour to $64.26 per hour (approximately $104,910 - $125,307) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $4,727