GNWT Employment Eligibility


Am I eligible to apply for jobs with the Government of Northwest Territories?

To begin or continue working for the Government of Northwest Territories, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit issued by the Government of Canada.

Where do I get information on eligibility to work in Canada?

The Canadian and Northwest Territories governments provide information and resources on eligibility to work in Canada:

Government of Canada

Citizenship and Immigration Canada provides information on:

Government of Northwest Territories