Student Financial Assistance
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) Student Financial Assistance (SFA) program has been committed to working with students and their institutions to mitigate potential impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ECE implemented the following measures:
- All student loan repayment obligations were suspended (put on hold) from April 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020;
- During this time period students were not charged interest and were not required to make monthly payments towards their student loans.
- Introduced two new benefits available to students pursuing full-time post-secondary studies to assist students with additional expenses related to the pandemic:
- COVID-19 Technology Grant, a one-time grant of $750 to assist with cost of purchasing technology equipment; and
- COVID-19 Support Grant, a monthly grant of $100 to assist with additional costs, such as internet fees.
For more information, please visit Student Financial Assistance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the SFA office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-800-661-0793. Alternatively, you can contact your Student Case Officer or Finance Officer as noted below:
|First Letter of Last Name||Student Case Officer||Email Address|
|A – D||Sheldon Williamsemail@example.com|
|E – K||Veronica McDonaldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|L – P||Shania Thompsonemail@example.com|
|Q – Z||Brittany Russellfirstname.lastname@example.org|