Funerals are an exceedingly difficult time for mourners and family to follow social and physical distancing of 2 meters from one another.
At this time, indoor funerals are not allowed.
If your family wishes to have an outdoor funeral service, you must take reasonable precautions to ensure that people follow social (physical) distancing, use hand sanitizers, and do not make contact with others outside of their household.
To hold an outdoor burial service, you must:
- Allow only direct immediate family or close relations to attend. Maximum number of people that can attend is 50, which includes the officiant.
- Everyone must practice physical distancing by household group while at the gravesite.
- Shared transportation to and from the service must be limited to 25 people or less if physical distancing is maintained between household groups.
- No sharing of food or drinks.
- Hand sanitizers must be provided for everyone.
- Anyone with pre-existing health conditions or COVID-19 symptoms must not attend.
For more information, see: