Stay home when sick
It is always important to stay home when you are not feeling well so you do not pass on any contagious respiratory illnesses. Because COVID-19 greater potential to lead to severe disease, it is extra important to stay home when unwell to be sure not to spread it to others. It is also important to get tested so if you do have COVID-19, public health is aware and can contact others you may have been in contact with while protecting your privacy.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, stay home and:
- Take the NWT Online COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool; or call 8-1-1. Anyone who is experiencing severe symptoms is advised to call 9-1-1.
- Book a COVID-19 test:
- Yellowknife: 867-767-9120, or book online at www.nthssa.ca/en/services/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-updates
- Inuvik: 867-490-2225
- Fort Smith: 867-621-2233 or 867-872-0562
- Hay River: 867-874-7201 (between 08:30-16.30). After hours call Emergency Department at 867-874-8050.
- Other Communities can call their local health centres, www.hss.gov.nt.ca/health-centres
- A health care provider will provide guidance on testing.
- Avoid close contact with people
- Stay off public transportation
- Stay away from grocery / retail stores and other essential businesses