Physical distancing means staying at least two metres or six feet apart from other people. This is especially important when there is community spread of COVID-19 where you live, and in enclosed settings where there are many people. Distancing makes it harder for the virus to travel from one person to another.
- Stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people as much as possible, unless you’re in your close social group
- keep your close social group consistent, as much as possible.
- make informed choices about who and how to interact with each other (consider age, occupation and health conditions).
- make sure you follow social distancing guidelines for events and gatherings, businesses, organizations and workplaces.
- If you are sick with COVID-19, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people until it is safe to be around others.