Staying home when you are sick is best thing you can do to stop the spread of COVID-19 and save lives.
Stay home if you are sick
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, stay home and:
- take the NWT Online COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool; or call
- Yellowknife: 867-767-9120, or book online at www.nthssa.ca/appointments
- Inuvik: 867-490-2225
- Fort Smith: 867-621-2233 or 867-872-0562
- Hay River: 867-874-7201 (between 08:30-16.30). After hours call Emergency Department at 867-874-8050.
- Other Communities can call their local health centres, www.hss.gov.nt.ca/health-centres
A health care provider will provide guidance on testing. Anyone who is experiencing severe symptoms is advised to call 9-1-1.
You will also need to:
- Avoid close contact with people you live with
- Stay off public transportation
- Stay away from grocery / retail stores and other essential businesses
For more information on self-isolating, see Self-isolation.