About AME Roundup
- Association for Mineral Exploration (AME) is hosting their annual Roundup event again this year – marking the 36th year for the conference. This year the theme is “Elements for Discovery” and is intended to combine all the elements necessary for successful mineral exploration.
- Each year, this event brings together explorers from around the world to share their latest findings, stories, successes and innovative ideas to further the exploration industry. In 2018, there were 6,570 participants from 39 countries. For more information about the event, visit the AME Roundup website.
GNWT Participation at AME Roundup
- Participation at Roundup is important for our government. In recent years, the GNWT has had an enhanced presence at Roundup, including attendance by the whole NWT Cabinet, as a way to acknowledge the significant contribution mining makes to the NWT economy and to visibly signal support for the sector.
- Other benefits of GNWT participation include opportunities to strengthen partnerships with Indigenous governments, promote investment in the NWT, provide information about the realities of doing business in our territory, including regulatory requirements, and network with industry and other stakeholders.
GNWT Roundup Video
- Click below for a short video that highlights the importance and value of the Government of the Northwest Territories’ participation in major industry events like the Association for Mineral Exploration (AME) Roundup. GNWT Roundup Video
GNWT Schedule of Events at Roundup
- This schedule is subject to change but will provide you with an idea of some of the events that Cabinet will be participating in during Roundup.
Roundup News Releases
- News Release: Government of the Northwest Territories and Indigenous Governments support mining and present a united front at AME Roundup 2019
- Government of the Northwest Territories and Fortune Minerals Sign Socio-Economic Agreement for NICO Project
- In an effort to give NWT residents and media an opportunity to see what takes place at Roundup, the GNWT will be livestreaming some of the events. Click here to access the GNWT Facebook page to watch.
February 7, 2019