The GNWT’s purchase of goods and services (known as procurement) has a big impact on the NWT economy.
As much as possible, this investment (approximately $260 million a year) should benefit NWT businesses and residents.
The last review was in 2010, and many things have since changed.
It is important that our procurement policies:
- are transparent
- are fair
- are competitive;
- and maximize the value of the taxpayers’ dollars.
Engagement feedback from January 25, 2021 to May 20, 2021
Results under review
Have Your Say
To review procurement policies, a panel of independent procurement professionals were involved.
Input was gathered through:
- Online engagement sessions were held to discuss, ask questions and share feedback.
- Open forums, encouraging productive dialogue on key topics.
- Engagement webinars hosted by an independent panel
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Input received will be shared with the advisory panel as they consider their recommendations.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 867 767 9202 x63053
- What policies are in place right now
- Business Incentive Policy
- NWT Manufactured Products Policy
- 2019-2020 GNWT Contracts Reporting Infographic
- Contract Report for April 1, 2020, to September 30, 2020
- Executive Summary - Public Procurement Policies For the GNWT
- Discussion Paper - Public Procurement Policies for the GNWT