Reporting on the Mandate
The GNWT is committed to being accountable to the people of the NWT for its record in advancing the updated Priorities of the 18th Legislative Assembly and in fulfilling the GNWT’s Revised Mandate.
As part of our commitment to improve openness and transparency, the GNWT reports on its progress toward implementation of the Mandate through annual reporting to the Standing Committee on Priorities and Planning, a Mandate reporting website and other regular reporting to the Legislative Assembly and the public.
In total, the Revised Mandate sets out 230 commitments under five major themes:
- Economy, Environment and Climate Change
- Education, Training and Youth Development
- Cost of Living
- Community Wellness and Safety
The Mandate reporting website allows the public to track the GNWT’s progress on each commitment under the five themes and priorities, indicating whether the commitment and related milestones are in planning, in progress or fulfilled. The website also provides background information for each commitment.
The GNWT will be updating the Mandate reporting website to reflect the revisions made to the Mandate in October 2017.
- 2016-2017 Annual Report on the Implementation of the Mandate of the GNWT
- Progress Report on Implementation of the Mandate of the Government of the Northwest Territories – June 2017
- Progress Report on Implementation of the Mandate of the Government of the Northwest Territories, June to September 2017