YELLOWKNFE (June 2, 2016) — The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) is partnering with the Canadian Executive Services Organization (CESO) to bring exciting new mentorship opportunities in the tourism sector.
CESO and Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) have reached an agreement which will see CESO take on frontline delivery of the Tourism Business Mentorship Program, executed through their roster of Volunteer Advisors.
CESO brings an international reputation of excellence in nearly 50-years of business mentorship experience, with over 50,000 assignments successfully delivered in 122 countries worldwide — including a successful 14-year partnership with the Government of Nunavut, and assignments in 80 percent of Canadian Indigenous communities.
The agreement will expand ITI’s relationship with CESO, who have successfully delivered mentorship to Northwest Territories (NWT) businesses in past years.
The Department of ITI pursues skills development partnership in tourism under the guidance of the Tourism 2020 action plan.
“The Department of ITI is pleased to strengthen our partnership with CESO to enhance our tourism business mentorship programming. We welcome the near half-century of experience they bring to the table and recognize in particular the importance of their experience in Northern, remote, and Indigenous communities.”
- Bob McLeod, Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment
“CESO is proud to be involved in a strategic partnership with the Department of ITI to support and strengthen mentorship programs in Northern and Indigenous communities. We look forward to continuing our work and the positive impacts we are making together in the tourism industry in the Northwest Territories.”
- Wendy Harris, CESO President and CEO
- CESO was established in 1967.
- The Tourism Business Mentorship Program was created in 2013 based on industry demand. It provides opportunities and resources for interested NWT tourism operators to learn and benefit from experienced operators.
- CESO Volunteer Advisors have an average of 25-years of experience in leadership, senior managerial, professional, and policy roles in industry, government, and non-governmental organizations.
Manager, Public Affairs and Communications
Industry, Tourism and Investment
Director, Communications & Engagement
Digital Media Officer