Apply for an Electrical Installation Permit


Apply for an Electrical Installation Permit

What you'll get:

A valid permit is required before starting work on any type of electrical or electronic installation in the Northwest Territories.

Who delivers it:
Who it is for:
Businesses, Individuals, Organizations
Who to contact:
Ron Hiscock
Chief Electrical Inspector
Phone: 867-873-7399
Fax: 867-873-0117
How to get more info:
Phone FaxWebsite MailE-mail In-Person
How to get the service:
Phone Fax MailE-mail In-Person
Staff available in:
Hay River, Inuvik, Yellowknife

Note: Staff travel to communities where no resident staff exist.

Additional Info:

Permits are available from the Yellowknife, Inuvik and Hay River Offices. Inspections are performed in all NWT Communities.

Electrical workers must be registered to be issued a permit.

If you are a property owner looking to do work on your on home, you must apply for a Residential Property Owner Electrical Wiring Permit. (hyperlink:

For general information on electrical permits, look at the Electrical and Elevator Q&A section.

Was this helpful?