One of the main features of the Talent Community section is the ability to save a search so you receive email job notifications. After a saved search is created any jobs posted to the Careers website that match your search will automatically be emailed to you.
Creating a Saved Search
- Create or sign in to your Talent Community Account by clicking the "Sign In" link located in the top right of the page.
- After you sign in, visit the Current Openings Page.
- To set up a Job Notification for ALL new jobs simply select an option in the "Notification interval" box and click the blue "Save Search" button.
4. It is recommended you customize your job notifications or searches by using the search filters located on the left side of the page. You can filter your job search by location, department, salary, term and employment type.
5. When filtering by location include “Across the NWT” to ensure your search captures all opportunities. For example, if you are interested in Employment in Inuvik - select “Inuvik” as well as “Across the NWT” under the Filter by location box.
6. You can further refine your search by selecting different filters. For example, positions in Inuvik with the Department of Finance with salary range of $60,000+.
7. You can also search using key words by typing in the grey job search bar. For example, if you are looking for a nursing position you can type in “nurse” and job advertisements with the word nurse will appear in the return of that search.
Please note that while using key words in the job search bar is helpful, it will only pull jobs with that key word. For example, if you are looking for a nurse position and you type “hospital” in the search, all nursing positions may not show up as the word hospital may not appear in every job ad. Therefore, we encourage you to use the filter function rather than the search bar for a more comprehensive search.
Managing your Saved Searches
- Sign in to Talent Community Account.
- Hover over the "My Account" tab in the main navigation menu. Click the "My Saved Searches" tab.
- From here you can edit your saved search or choose to delete it but clicking the appropriate box.