Apply for a burn permit

Who needs this permit?

You need a permit to burn if you are lighting a fire outside of municipal limits for anything other than cooking food or warming yourself.

With this permit, you can set out, start or kindle a fire during the closed season (May 1-September 30) within a forest area or within one kilometre of a forested area for the purpose of clearing land or removing flammable material.

How much does it cost?

There is no charge for this permit.

Where can I get it?

Available in person from your local or regional Environment and Climate Change office. For permits to burn WITHIN municipal limits, contact your local or regional Environment and Climate Change, hamlet or band office.

Remember, every fire is a potential forest fire hazard. Do not leave any fire unattended.