Apply to research, observe and handle wildlife in the NWT

Follow-up reporting

What is required?

A follow-up report is required once your activities are completed. Additional research permits will not be granted until ECC has received a report on activities and findings done under a previous permit.

What form do I use?

Use the Wildlife Research Permit Summary Report form for your findings.

Where do I send them?

Send your report to the Director, Wildlife Management, Environment and Climate Change, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT  X1A 2L9. You can also submit by fax 1-867-873-0293 or email

  • Include a high quality digital image (JPEG at least 300 dpi).
  • Provide your contact information on each copy.
  • Any additional reports, maps, short result summaries and/or a list of conclusions are appreciated.

As well, send a copy of any final reports, published papers or theses you produce. These documents will be placed in the ECC/Lands/ITI Resource Centre and made available to the public and other northern wildlife researchers.

Send copies of your summary and additional reports to the Regional Office that issued your permit and any contacts who requested it.

What happens to my report?

All wildlife research permits are compiled in the Annual Aurora Research Institute Compendia of Research