Today the Government of Northwest Territories will release its third free mental health and wellness subscription box to NWT youth. These boxes are being made available to youth and organizations serving youth as part of the My Voice My Choice Campaign for youth wellness. The box includes a variety of health and mental wellness resources, such as topic-specific materials, as well as individual and group activities such as colouring sheets and activity kits by northern-based artists.
There are five different subscription boxes, each with a unique theme:
- Sexual Health
- Healthy Relationships
- Healthy Coping
- Self Harm and Suicide
- Substance Use and Mental Health
The theme of this month’s box is “Healthy Coping.” Youth aged 13-18, and organizations who serve them, can request a box by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launched in 2011, My Voice My Choice is a social marketing campaign that provides NWT youth with information to positively influence their choices and behaviours related to their mental wellness.
- The free subscription boxes contain resources on a variety of health and wellness topics designed for youth aged 13 to 18.
- Individual youth and/or organizations serving youth can request a box and/or facilitator’s guide with lessons and group activities.
- The themes for the subscription boxes were developed after NWT youth identified that they wanted to learn more about sexual health, suicide, healthy relationships, and healthy coping skills.
For media requests, please contact:
Department of Health and Social Services
Government of the Northwest Territories
(867) 767-9052 ext. 49034