06/12/2022 - NorthwesTel has indicated all issues connecting to 911 and other emergency numbers have been resolved.
Flood risk continues to exist in many communities across the NWT. The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) through the Emergency Management Organization (EMO) continues to monitor conditions and conduct preparedness activities.
Communities are the lead on response and recovery activities and are supported by the GNWT as needed.
This page will be updated with new information as it becomes available.
There are no evacuation orders in effect.
With warm weather, the snowmelt from mountains in BC, Yukon, and the NWT is beginning to hit the water system. This will contribute to high water levels and flow in the Liard and South Nahanni Rivers.
The communities of Fort Liard and Nahanni Butte should be on high alert for possible flooding in the coming days.
For those in this region the GNWT recommends that you review our information on what you can do to be as prepared as possible.
Go to our Be Ready information: https://www.maca.gov.nt.ca/en/services/be-ready-emergencies/be-ready-floods
The Hay River and Kátł’odeeche First Nation emergency has transitioned from response to recovery.
Assessments continue in Hay River and Kátł’odeeche First Nation.
All impacted residents are reminded to register as soon as possible to be included in the Disaster Assistance process.
To register, or for any questions you have about the process, or if there are issues you are having in making your claim, please contact GNWT Pathfinders:
- directly in the community, or
- by email: email@example.com or
- by phone at (867) 767-9161 ext. 21031.
Mental health counselling is available. Please call the NWT Helpline (1-800-661-0844) for mental health support.
Program and Service Updates
Last update: June 7, 2022, 10:00am
Hay River - Health Services
The following Hay River Health and Social Services Authority (HRHSSA) services have been temporarily relocated:
- Public Health and Diabetes Program - Public Health and Diabetes are located in the Hay River Regional Health Centre.
- Home Care - Home Care is located in the SLS Day Program building.
- Please continue to call (867) 874-8400 to reach the Public Health, Home Care, or Diabetes Program.
- Child and Family Services - Currently located in the Gensen Building.
- Please continue to call (867) 874-8450 with any Child and Family Services related concerns.
If you were evacuated from your home, learn more about next steps and Disaster Assistance.